If you take a close look at your company’s PPC accounts and the way they are currently configured, most of you are probably not getting even close to the max ROI, and there’s a lot of things we can do to improve upon their performance. Many of these things won’t take long to implement and see results of, while others (including developing and split testing multiple landing pages, text ads, and terms) will help out big time in the long run. Here’s where I’d start as far as making changes goes:
1. Set up separate landing pages and campaigns for each product line to better target demographics and turn them into leads at a higher rate.
2. Split test different text ads and landing pages to find out which ones are getting the most leads.
3. Refine bids to place emphasis on terms that are getting the highest number of leads.
4. Experiment with content-only campaigns to find out if they are effective or not from a lead-gen standpoint.
5. Run Analytics on all the landing pages to find out where you might be losing leads.
To be honest, doing all of these things right is a job in and of itself. Yet if these things are done, we can assure you that the return on those resources will be quite measurable in terms of the volume, cost, and quality of leads you receive after.
We know that you may have been running these campaigns in a set way for awhile now, and that making any big changes would require sufficient planning. Perhaps it would be best for us to have a meeting to discuss how best to go about implementing them? Please use our contact form to receive your free SEM/PPC management consultation.